Who do we serve?
Washington University undergraduates, graduates, faculty, staff living in surrounding neighborhoods and permanent neighbors unaffiliated with the university.
- Connect students to neighborhoods, and neighbors to students
- Facilitate neighborhood access to the university and university-community access to neighborhood events and resources
- Collectively advocate for community needs, neighbor’s rights, students’ rights, neighborhood improvements
- Provide education around tenant’s rights and responsibilities, safety, law enforcement, and living safely in the neighborhood
- Encourage getting to know neighbors and students as individuals (by name and story)
- Hold students accountable for actions and impact
- Educate all university students about respect in the neighborhood – ‘Beyond the Bubble’
- Promote being a good neighbor – ‘Smart Students Make Great Neighbors’
- Provide community service opportunities – students working in the community