Thank you for your interest in applying for a position on Ursa’s Managers Board. Below you will find information about the position and instructions for completing an application.
The application process is currently open. You may complete the application through the online Google form linked below. Any questions can be directed to the Ursa’s Nite Life Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due on Monday, April 10 at 9 a.m.
The Ursa’s Manager Board develops and implements alternative late night programming for undergraduate students. This programming takes place on Thursday through Saturday nights from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.. The Board consists of an Operations Manager, Programming Managers, and Publicity Managers and is supervised by a Graduate Assistant and the Assistant Director of Residential Education. The Ursa’s Manager Board is an entity of the Office of Residential Life.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student through the end of the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours
- Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
- Capable of coordinating efforts and collaborating with a variety of individuals
- Able to think creatively and driven to implement new ideas
The Ursa’s Managers will work approximately 6 hours a week, which will include some daytime hours and mostly focus on evening activities. Open positions for the 2017-2018 year are listed below.
- All Managers:
- Attending weekly Board Meetings and Google Hangouts over the summer
- Holding office hours for one hour per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Participate in leadership development 4 hours a month
- Staff 2 events per month
- Support the development of 4 programs per month
- Brainstorm, plan, and implement programs within event budget
- Organize other managers for staffing purposes
- Obtain all necessary materials for events
- Work with Publicity Managers to create and distribute advertising
- Complete and submit all purchasing paperwork
- Work with board to create a cohesive brand for Ursa’s Nite Life
- Create 11×17 posters for each event and monthly event calendars
- Communicate with Programming Managers to generate ideas and vision for advertising
- Send posters to digital signage in Residential Life and the DUC
- Develop innovative publicity to increase recognition of Ursa’s Nite Life
Print Media Publicity Manager:
The Ursa’s Managers will receive $7.65 per hour.
Terms of Employment
The Ursa’s Managers are expected to begin work by the week of June 19, 2017 and should be accessible by phone, e-mail, and Google Hangout. Outside of academics, the Ursa’s Manager position should be a priority.
Please submit your application via the Google Form found here by April 10 at 9 a.m.
Applications become available March 27 and are due Monday, April 10 at 9 a.m. Interviews will take place Wednesday, April 12 – Tuesday, April 18. The tentative date for selection will be Wednesday, April 19. Once selected, managers will be expected to meet on Monday, May 1 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. with the advisors and 2017-2018 to get acquainted with Ursa’s.