Where to find the Cancellation Request form:
All requests for cancellations of the Contract shall be made by filing a Room Cancellation Request (form available on WebSTAC through the WashU Housing Portal)
Cancellation Timeline & Fees:
- Cancellations received by March 31, 2019, will be charged a $0 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received and approved after March 31, 2019 will be charged a $500.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received after June 15, 2019 will not be permitted. The Housing License is a 9-month financial commitment for the full academic year, both the Fall and Spring Terms. Only school approved cancellations will be accepted after June 15, 2019. School approved cancellations (i.e.: withdrawals, deferrals and leaves of absence) received after June 15, 2019 will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
Submission of a request for cancellation does not guarantee release from this Agreement. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Residential Life, which has the exclusive authority and discretion to grant a request for cancellation.
Reasons for Cancellation:
Absent exigent circumstances, the following reasons are not valid bases upon which approval to cancel this Agreement: dissatisfaction with location of assigned room; roommate disputes; vacancies left by roommates/suitemates; or, desire to live off-campus (non-Office of Residential Life Managed Housing).
Prorated refunds of room and board charges will be made to any such resident if they are approved to vacate their room by October 20th, 2018, for fall semester and March 20th, 2019 for spring semester.
Entering into an Agreement with Residential Life:
By entering into this Agreement, you are committing to Residential Life Managed Housing for the entire 2010-2020 academic year (both fall and spring semesters).
As a reminder, students with housing applications submitted are guaranteed placement within University provided housing. They are not guaranteed building locations, room types, room rates or roommates.
Undergraduate students may apply to live in Residential Life Housing for only the spring semester. In such instance, all Terms and Conditions contained herein will also apply.
Spring Contract Cancellation
All requests for cancellation of a spring semester-only housing Agreement must be received by the Office of Residential Life on or before November 14, 2019. Cancellation requests by November 14 will be reviewed and if approved by the Office of Residential Life will be charged a $500 cancellation fee. After November 14, 2019 no cancellation will be permitted and the student will be responsible for the full costs associated with the room for the entire semester.
Cancellation Fee Schedule
Please note the housing cancellation deadlines and related fees contained herein are non-negotiable. Cancellation fees are applied equally according to the published schedule and are never waived or applied to other balances.
For the full academic year, both Fall and Spring semesters:
- If received by March 31, 2019: Students may cancel their housing, for any reason, by this deadline, without incurring any cancellation fee.
If cancellation requests are received after March 31, 2019: Received and Approved requests will incur a $500.00 fee.
- If cancellation requests are received after June 15, 2019: Enrolled students will not be approved for cancellation. Any requests approved (see reasons above) will be responsible for the full cost ($500.00) of the cancellation.
For new Spring semester applications only:
- If approved by November 14, 2019: Cancellation requests by November 14 will be reviewed and if approved by the Office of Residential Life will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
- If cancellation is received after November 14, 2019: Enrolled students will not be approved for cancellation. Any requests approved (see reasons above) will be responsible for the full cost ($500.00) of the cancellation.