- Non-Graduating Students: Check out is Thursday, May 9th, 2019 BEFORE 5:00PM.
- Failure to leave by 5:00pm without appropriate and timely notification to your RCD will result in a $50.00 fine and an automatic Express Checkout.
- Graduate Students: Check out is Sunday, May 19th, 2019 BEFORE 12:00PM.
Not following the procedures listed below or leaving your room the way you found it when you moved in could result in charges.
24 Hour Quiet Hour Policy
24 Hour Quiet Hours begin at 11:00PM on Sunday, April 28th.
Please be respectful of others! This applies to student rooms as well as common areas. Contact your RA if you need assistance in addressing a noise concern.
Before You Leave Procedure
- Sign Up for your preferred check out method: In-Person or Express Checkout.
- Complete check-out form.
- Remove all belongings.
- Clean room.
- Dispose of trash.
- Ensure the university’s furniture is all there.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Return your key card to the appropriate Res Life Office or key drop box.
- Close and lock your door.
- Report shared space damage to your RCD.
On Campus Specific:
- The bottom of your bed needs to be two feet from the floor.
Off Campus Specific
- Clean your appliances but DO NOT unplug.
Key Card Return Procedure
Failure to return your key card will result in a $50.00 charge for an improper check out.
- Put your key card in the provided yellow envelope, sign it, and seal it.
- Return your key card to either Res Life Office in person or via the drop located in the Residential Life Center, Village House, or Lofts Office.
- DO NOT return your picture ID, please take that home with you.
Late Stay Request Form
Students seeking to stay past May 9, 2019 must apply for a Late Stay.
- The Late Stay Form will open Monday, April 1, 2019.
- The form can be found via your WashU Housing Portal.
- The Late Stay Form will close Monday, April 29, 2019 by 11:59pm.
- All students must move out by 11:00am of their approved new checkout date.
- Approvals will be communicated via email on rolling basis. Please be checking your email.
- A Late Stay Fee will apply in all approved cases.
- No students will be approved past May 20th unless participating in a program. If you are participating in a program or summer program. Your program lead must submit your name to our office by a certain deadline. Please contact Res Life for more information.
Please take your bikes home!
- Only summer residents will be allowed to leave their bike over the summer. As a summer resident, you must register with Residential Life.
- You can register your bike In-Person in the Res Life Office starting Monday, April 1, 2019.
- You will be given a tag that you must display on the handle bars of your bike. If the tag is not displayed, your bike will be removed.
- Beginning May 21 all others will be removed.
Mail Services Information
Visit www.usps.com to forward your mail. Mail will be sent to your permanent address if there is no forwarding order.
- University Trucking will provide summer storage and shipping services for students’ belongings.
- Pick-up begins April 27 through May 18. University Trucking employees will have white shirts displaying the company name. U Trucking provides shipping and storage for the duration of the summer. Short-term storage is available for students interning or taking summer classes in St. Louis.
- Students must sign-up for in-person checkout with RCD/RA/Grad Fellow by Monday, April 29th.
- Sign up will be available via RCD communication by April 19th.
- Students must complete the Move-out Checklist and remove all belongings from room.
- A staff member will meet you at your room to check everything. This will include going over your Room Condition Report and doing a walk through looking for any damages.
- Once room is checked, return your key (in the envelope) to the staff member checking you out.
Please remember that participating in an In-Person checkout DOES ALLOW you to appeal damage charges.
- Students must review and complete Move-Out Checklist on door and sign
- Return key card in key envelope to either Residential Life office (Residential Life Center in South 40 House or the Village Office) during business hours or via the drop boxes at the Lofts (6300 Enright), Village House, or Res. Life vestibule.
Please remember that participating in an Express-Person checkout DOES NOT ALLOW you to appeal damage charges.
Fraternity Housing Procedures
If you are checking out of Fraternity Housing, you must adhere to the same checkout procedures and dates described above. Please communicate with Molly Bennett for your checkout sign up information. If you have any questions, please contact Residential Life.
Move In Day
Continuing Students (Returning) Move In will be on Saturday, August 24th, 2019. Students will not be able to access their Fall assignment until the move in day.
Early Arrival Information for Continuing Students
Returning Students have the option to request to arrive early to campus on either:
- Thursday, August 22nd
- Friday, August 23rd
The Early Arrival Process:
- Submit your request starting May 1, 2019 via your WashU Housing Portal located on Webstac.
- Once you have submitted your request, you will receive communication that your request has been received.
- All received request, are pending until approved by our office. Please note that not all early arrival requests will be approved. If your request is denied, you must arrive on the scheduled returner move in day, Saturday, August 24th, 2019.
- All approved early arrival request will have an associated cost of $50.00/night.
If you are participating in a program (Athletics, scholars, orientation, etc.), please communicate with your program leaders and have them contact our office for early arrival information.