In limited circumstances, the university approves students for special housing accommodations based on medical need and/or disability status.

To request a specific type of housing:

NOTE: Residential housing is not a distraction-reduced environment. Accordingly, students are not granted housing accommodations for learning or attention disabilities. Students who need distraction-reduced study environments should speak with the staff at Disability Resources, who will assist students in identifying quiet study places.

The university follows the guidelines of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology in granting housing accommodations for environmental allergens. Consistent with those guidelines, students with housing accommodations due to environmental allergens will be permitted to purchase and bring an allergen-proof fabric covers for bedding, a dehumidifier and/or HEPA filter air purifier.

All documents will need to be submitted as attachments with your Request for Special Housing Accommodations Form.

Returning students that receive housing accommodations are permitted to request up to three other students to live with.