Room changes are currently not being accepted at this time. Changes will be considered two weeks following the first day of class.
- No room changes are allowed within the first two (2) weeks, or the final four (4) weeks of the semester, except in those instances deemed an emergency or necessary and specifically authorized as such by the Residential College/Community Director (“RCD”) of the applicable building.
- Requests to change rooms during the semester must be submitted via the room change request form located on the WashU Housing Portal.
- The Office of Residential Life reserves the right to assign any open space or spaces which become available throughout the academic year as it deems necessary.
- Administrative room re-assignments may be made if the Office of Residential Life deems it necessary for the benefit of an individual or group, or for more efficient operation or maintenance of University housing. In case of administrative reassignment, the resident’s account will be adjusted in accordance with the rate of the new room.
- In the case of conduct deemed to be dangerous or disruptive, the University may require that the student immediately vacate Residential Life Managed Housing. If a student is removed from Residential Life Managed Housing pursuant to this provision, the student will be charged, and remains responsible, for room and board through the end of the semester.
Dates for cancellation will be updated two weeks after the first day of the academic year.
- All requests for cancellations of the Agreement shall be made by filing a Room Cancellation Request (form available on WebSTAC through the Wash U Housing Portal).
- The priority housing cancellation deadline is March 31, 2018. Students may cancel their housing, for any reason, by this deadline, without penalty or incurring a cancellation fee.
- Requests submitted between April 1, 2018, and May 15, 2018, will be reviewed and, if
approved by the Office of Residential Life, will be subject to a $500 cancellation fee.
- After May 15, 2018, enrolled students will not be approved for cancellation and will be
responsible for the full cost of the room for the academic year.
- Submission of a request for cancellation does not guarantee release from this Agreement. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Residential Life, which has the exclusive authority and discretion to grant a request for cancellation.
- Absent exigent circumstances, the following reasons are not valid bases upon which approval to cancel this Agreement: dissatisfaction with location of assigned room; roommate disputes; vacancies left by roommates/suitemates; or, desire to live off-campus (non-Office of Residential Life Managed Housing).
- Prorated refunds of room and board charges will be made to any such resident if they are approved to vacate their room by October 20th, 2018, for fall semester and March 20th, 2019 for spring semester.
- By entering into this Agreement, you are committing to Residential Life Managed Housing for the entire 2018-19 academic year (both fall and spring semesters).
- As a reminder, students with housing guarantees are guaranteed placement within University provided housing. They are not guaranteed building locations, room types, room rates or roommates.
- The cancellation fee will be assessed pursuant to the following schedule. Please note the housing cancellation deadlines and related fees contained herein are non-negotiable. Cancellation fees are applied equally according to the published schedule and are never waived or applied to other balances.
- Undergraduate students may apply to live in Residential Life Housing for only the spring semester. In such instance, all Terms and Conditions contained herein will also apply.
- All requests for cancellation of a spring semester-only housing Agreement must be received by the Office of Residential Life on or before November 15, 2018. Cancellation requests by November 15 will be reviewed and if approved by the Office of Residential Life will be charged a $500 cancellation fee. After November 15, no cancellation will be permitted and the student will be responsible for the full costs associated with the room for the entire semester.
CANCELLATION FEE SCHEDULE
Dates will be updated two weeks after the first day of the academic year.
For the full academic year, both Fall and Spring semesters:
- If received by March 31, 2018: Students may cancel their housing, for any reason, by this deadline, without incurring any cancellation fee.
- If received by April 1, 2018 – May 15, 2018: Cancellation requests received during this time frame will be reviewed and if approved by the Office of Residential Life will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
- If cancellation requests received after May 15, 2018: Enrolled students will not be approved for cancellation and will be responsible for the full cost of the room for the academic year.
For new Spring semester applications only:
- If approved by November 15, 2018: Cancellation requests by November 15 will be reviewed and if approved by the Office of Residential Life will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
- If cancellation is received after November 15, 2018: Enrolled students will not be approved for cancellation and will be responsible for the full cost of the room for the academic year.