Thank you for your interest in the Faculty Initiatives Internship. Here you will find the resources necessary to guide you through the application process.
||February 25 at 8:30 AM
||March 22 at 5:00 PM
|First Round Interviews:
||March 25 - 29
|Second Round Interviews (tentative):
||April 8 - 11
Overview | Responsibilities | Compensation and Duration of Employment | Expectations | Application
Faculty Initiatives Internship Overview 2013-2014
This position is a full-time, post-graduate position. The staff member will serve as the administrative point person for organizational components related to academic programs and RA August training in the Office of Residential Life, and will coorganize Ursa’s Nite Life programming, The staff member reports to the Associate Dean of Students and is a key member of the Residential Life staff.
Responsibilities ↑ Top
Faculty Programs/Academic Initiatives:
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Students
- Write, edit, publish, and distribute monthly faculty newsletter
- Coordinate the logistics for academic programs (i.e. faculty receptions, meetings, etc.)
- Assist with the Faculty Associate recruitment process
- Serve as a member of the August RA Training Committee
- Coordinate meals during August RA Training
- Publish Faculty Fellow and Associate Handbook
- Serve on Residential Life Departmental Committee with Associate Directors and Residential College Directors
- Other duties as assigned
Ursa’s Nite Life:
- Co-Advise the Ursa’s Nite Life Steering Committee, which is composed of student workers, RAs, and Ursa’s Nite Life reps from College Councils
- Supervise and meet regularly with the Ursa’s student workers
- Provide program support for Ursa’s Nite Life and all special programs related to Ursa’s
- Serve as a liaison with Dining Services, Facilities, and Residential Life
- Evaluate and assess program components
- Work with booking performers, contracts and finances
- Maintain Ursa’s equipment
- Recruit and hire Ursa’s student workers as needed
Compensation and Duration of Employment ↑ Top
$10/hour plus a furnished efficiency apartment; assistance with health insurance costs; 22 paid vacation days. Position will extend from June 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014 with appropriate time off as negotiated with supervisor. (Note: starting date is negotiable.)
Expectations/Qualifications ↑ Top
- Professionalism and initiative; Flexibility and creative problem-solving.
- Respect for and commitment to student development and student initiative.
- Ambitious, responsible and able to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with students, faculty, and administrators.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement effective programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Willingness and ability to work day, evening, and weekend hours as needed (living in provided on-campus apartment a requirement)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who have experience in residential life, student activities/student government, and/or academic affairs.
Application Process ↑ Top
The application will require you to submit a letter of application, resume, and two references.
Application materials are due Friday, March 22nd by 5 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Valronica Scales, Assistant Director of Residential Life
Campus Box 1250, St. Louis MO 63105